Here we are, already in the last quarter of 2016! We wanted to give you a recap of some of the addiction recovery resources we provided so far.
February 2016 Prescott House Articles:
March 2016 Prescott House Articles:
- Sex Addiction + Technology: A Harmful Combination
- Drug Addiction & Veterans
- Stress & Substance Abuse
April 2016 Prescott House Articles:
“We are not a glum lot” and we did not get sober to be miserable, so we try to add some “Fun in Recovery” articles too:
May 2016 Prescott House Articles:
- Finally on a True Winning Streak: Maureen Michael Joins Prescott House as the Gambling Counselor
- When Fantasy Becomes a Nightmare : Fantasy sports are a gateway drug for compulsive gamblers.
June 2016 Prescott House Article:
July 2016 Prescott House Articles:
- Recovery is a Family Affair: Get to Know: Barbara Rye, MA, LPC, LISAC, the family program director for Prescott House
- CARF Accreditation: Prescott House Announcement. Consumers, their families, and the public look for CARF accreditation as assurance that providers strive to offer the highest quality services.
- No Quick Fixes: Recovery Takes Time
We started a little mini series of useful recovery slogans and expanded on some of the meanings behind them:
August 2016 Prescott House Articles:
- Precisely Where I’m Supposed to Be: A Recovery Success Story—Dayton Turberville
- Another one of Chris’ Dishes: Easy Posole
- Therapies for Addictions —Introduction (Mini series on different approaches to recovery)
- Therapies for Addictions Continued: Alcoholics Anonymous: Twelve Step Recovery
- Our continuation of slogans and interpretations
September 2016 Prescott House Articles:
- Compulsive Sexual Behaviors May Reflect Disordered Attachment
- Continuation of our interpretations of various recovery slogans
Two-Part Bio of Chris Soble, BHT—Primary Therapist
- Becoming The Man I’ve Always Looked Up To: Chris Sobel’s Long Road To Happiness
- Chris Sobel’s Long Road To Happiness Part 2
October 2016 Prescott House Articles:
- Explaining the Language of Addiciton: The recovery field is full of jargon and acronyms, our Mini-Series to define some of those terms that you may have heard but don’t fully understand.
- First Stop in the Language of Addiction Mini-Series: Dual Diagnosis