Check-In and Admissions
Standard Rate Check-In Times are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
After Hours and Weekend Check-In Times incur an additional charge.
When at all possible, please schedule flights to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to arrive by 2pm. This allows our Admissions team the time needed for travel 2 hours north of the Airport to Prescott, Arizona to complete the check-in process.
Out-of-State and International Individuals:
Individuals flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport will be met by a member of Prescott House staff (generally Dayton Turberville and/or Tim Scanlan). Look for our staff member holding a personally named sign, generally easy to locate. He will assist with grabbing your luggage and provide travel to Prescott, AZ. Those arriving at Terminal 4 will meet our staff member at the bottom of the escalators which leads to the baggage claim.
Typical drive time from PHX to Prescott is around two hours, depending on traffic.
In-State Arizona Individuals
For those already located in the state of Arizona, there are different options for travel arrangements that can be made. Please communicate and organize the preferred form of transportation 48 hours prior to pickup and/or admission.
Our staff prefers to personally pick up the individual from his residence. Our staff member will personally contact the family and/or individual to ensure quick and easy transportation with a smooth transition to Prescott House. We are able to arrange transport from any location within the state of Arizona.
If a family member or another sober driver if preferred, please arrive during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
While not encouraged, individuals can choose to drive their own vehicle to our facility. This option must be approved as we make exceptions under certain circumstances. Off campus, local storage must be arranged prior to arrival as Prescott House does not store individuals vehicles on our campus. Other in-state options for transportation.
Be sure to contact us regarding transportation options to Prescott House by calling our admissions staff 1-866-425-4673.
Packing for Prescott House
The city of Prescott is truly a beautiful and unique area of northern Arizona. For many individuals coming from outside of our state, the first visit to Prescott shatters any preconceived expectations of what Arizona is like (i.e. hot and dry). Unlike most areas of Arizona, Prescott experiences all four seasons. Being an extended residential program, we recommend individuals to pack accordingly.
- Proof of Identification (Driver’s License, Photo Identification and/or Passport)
- Insurance and Rx Card (if applicable)
- Please bring discharge paperwork from any facility that you have been at recently (if applicable)
- Any and all medications that are brought to the Prescott House must be prescribed by a doctor and be contained in the original container which they were prescribed in
- Medications that are not correctly labeled, or prescribed, will be discarded upon arrival to the Prescott House
- The Prescott House admission staff must be notified prior to admission of all medications (prescribed or not prescribed) that the incoming individual has been taking
- If you are taking prescribed THC, please discuss this with the admissions staff.
- Jeans and/or pants
- Exercise pants or sweat pants, shorts (knee length or longer), gym and/or workout shorts
- Appropriate T-shirts, collared shirts, and dress shirts (please no items sexually suggestive, endorse drugs or
alcohol use, endorse violence or similar type attitudes, or could be offensive to certain individuals)
- Cold weather clothing including jackets and sweaters, shoes (gym and dress) as well as sandals or flip-flops
- Hygiene supplies (no aerosol products, cologne, hair gel, or products that contain alcohol)
- Important contact names, phone numbers, and addresses
- Stationary, postage stamps, and envelopes
- Initially, appropriate recovery literature is acceptable to bring; however, no leisure reading materials
- Individuals can bring a musical instrument (please inform admission staff of your musical instrument)
- MP3 players and headphones (devices without web capabilities and no external speakers)
- Electronic cigarettes, liquids, and/or “vaping” equipment
DISCUSS Prior To Bringing:
- Cell Phones
- Laptops, Tablets, Computers
- Debit/credit cards, gift cards, and checks
- Storage of Belongings
The Prescott House suggests to not bring these items unless needed.
Intended use should be discussed with staff prior to admission.
DO NOT Bring:
- Knives, weapons, and refillable lighters
The Prescott House discourages incoming clients bringing expensive jewelry, watches, or sunglasses to campus.
Clients that do bring contraband will be required to mail those belongings home upon arrival to the Prescott House.